Wednesday 21 March 2012

Sally Strand workshop 12-16th March


Last week I attended a pastel workshop with Sally in Leesburg with the Pastel Society of Central Florida. The workshop focused on the colour of light. We worked from still-life set ups (sometimes under different coloured light sources) and also from fairly elaborate model setups. The main focus was on the substructure of values, keying the pastel at the start and relating colours and temperatures within the value structure. The pastels of Sally Strand are known to all those who have ever attempted the medium but I was incredibly impressed with her excellence as a tutor and how well she communicated her knowledge to the group who were all at different stages of their artistic journey. It was a well organised and most enjoyable week and I learnt a lot that I hope to take forward into my future work. I met some great people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment